D’CENT Wallet and HashPack have partnered to join the strength of both solutions
June 23, 2023
This article was originally published June 20, 2023 on the official D'CENT blog.
HashPack Wallet is a browser extension wallet dedicated to Hedera Network allowing users to enjoy the experience of Hbar anywhere. D’CENT Wallet is hardware wallet provider keeping private keys safe in a Secure Element using fingerprint authentication to validate your transactions.
Users can now enjoy the great features of HashPack Wallet within Hedera Network and at the same time keep their assets safe inside from hacking and theft using D’CENT Wallet.
In other words: your private key is protected inside your D’CENT Wallet and you will validate every transaction through your D’CENT Biometric Wallet but you are using the HashPack interface to manage your assets.
Let’s first go through interfacing D’CENT Wallet with HashPack. In a second part, we will see the amazing feature of staking your Hbar directly from your D’CENT Hardware Wallet.
In order to do so, there are some requirements:
- Install the HashPack Chrome extension
- Have a D’CENT Biometric Wallet
- Install the Bridge app on your computer for D’CENT Wallet
1. Install HashPack Chrome extension
As we are collaborating with HashPack, you will be managing your assets through HashPack extension dashboard and interfaces.
For this, you can go on the HashPack website and hit the “Get HashPack” button. Then “Install on Chrome”. You will be redirected to the chrome web store page of the official HashPack Extension and will be able to install it from here.
2. Have a D’CENT Biometric Wallet
As of now the integration of HashPack Wallet and D’CENT only works with our D’CENT Biometric Wallet, therefore if you do not have one yet, you need to get one here.
3. Install Bridge app
D’CENT Bridge is a software developed by D’CENT in order to connect your Biometric Wallet to your computer and make some actions such as updates or connecting your Biometric Wallet to HashPack.
If you do not have it installed yet or want to know more about it, we coerce you into reading that guide.
Connecting D’CENT Wallet and HashPack
You now have completed all the above actions. HashPack Wallet Extension is properly installed as well as the D’CENT Bridge.
Do not forget to have your D’CENT cable around in order to connect your D’CENT Biometric Wallet to your computer. It will soon be necessary.
From your D’CENT Wallet
1. Create Hbar account
If you are not yet familiar with our product and don’t know how to do so, please consult our tutorial here https://userguide.dcentwallet.com/mobile-app/create-account
2. Connect your D’CENT Wallet to your computer using the USB cable that comes with it.
From the HashPack extension
1. Click on the HashPack Wallet icon on your browser
2. A pop-up will show up. Click on “Connect Hardware Wallet”
3. You will need to create a password. For safety reasons, do not use passwords used on other platforms, make it at least 8 characters including uppercase, numbers and symbols. Once done, you will need to accept the terms and click “Next”
4. Click on D’CENT Hardware Wallet
5. Here, you need to click on “Import existing wallet”
6. Then, click on “Connect D’CENT”. It will open a window with our D’CENT Bridge service.
7. Once connected, go back to the HashPack tab where you will be able to see the Hbar account we previously created. If you have more than one, you will see all of them.
8. You will be asked to name your wallet and choose the currency you want. Then click import
9. Well done! You now can see your assets. On our side, we had some assets already, so we can easily double check if the amount is correct, as well as the public address. Every data is good.
How to do native staking of Hbar via D’CENT Wallet?
Staking in crypto involves holding and locking up a certain amount of cryptocurrency in a digital wallet to support the network’s operations. It helps secure the blockchain and validate transactions, and in return, participants earn rewards or additional tokens. In the case of Hedera Network, staking entails holding HBAR (the native cryptocurrency) and delegating it to a network node to help maintain consensus. Stakers receive HBAR rewards in proportion to their stake and play an important role in securing and governing the Hedera network.
For this, there are some requirements:
- Your D’CENT Wallet must be plugged to your computer
- You must already a HBAR account on your D’CENT Wallet linked to HashPack the way explained above
- You must have assets on your account to begin staking
Before starting the process, it is important to note that you will be staking your entire account, you can not stake just part of it. If you want to stake only part of your assets, you will need to create a second account and split your HBAR into two according to how much you would like to stake. You can easily create another account of HBAR following the exam same process you created the first one.
There is no minimum amount of HBAR to start staking. Staking is made by a period of 24 hours from midnight.
As long as you are staking your token, you cannot transfer them, you need to unstake them to be able to use your assets once again.
Get to know more about HBAR Staking via the official article: https://docs.hedera.com/hedera/core-concepts/staking/staking
1. Let’s open the HashPack app. As you can see, there is a Stake tab. Click on it, then “Stake you HBAR”
2. You will be able to choose the node you would like to stake in or just go with the default proposal. We are not recommending one option over the other to you. It is a personal choice. Once selected, make sure to understand and agree with the information displayed then confirm by clicking on Stake.
3. Details are shown on your wallet for final approval. Click on “OK” then you will be able to authenticate yourself via your fingerprint.
4. Transaction is complete, click on done on HashPack extension.
5. On the Stake tab you can now see your staked assets.
You can also have some more data about the reward history, which was our case as we had already stake some token on this node before.
Purchase your D’CENT Wallet now!
HashPack is a fully non-custodial wallet developed by an international team of community members and professionals with decades of experience. Since its launch, HashPack has made waves in the community as the leading Hedera wallet. HashPack approaches user experience as seriously as application security, community involvement, or new feature development. From vision to reality, HashPack is simple, secure, and stylish.
D’CENT Wallet is created by IoTrust, a company founded by security experts with over two decades of security know-how and engineering experience developing deeply embedded security solutions based on secure-chip technology (SE and TEE). D’CENT Wallet aims to protect users’ digital assets by combining software and hardware security solutions. Users can choose the Biometric Wallet, Card type Wallet, or Software Wallet.